Adaman is an island that a lot visitors flock to year round. But what is the best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
Adaman is great destination to visit all year round, this is in part due to the fact that the climate in Andaman and Nicobar Islands stay fairly consistent throughout the year. What you do need to watch for is “monsoon season” because it brings a lot of rain. Ultimately the best time to visit Andaman Islands is from November to mid-May.
Here is the run down on the best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands!
Andaman In The Summer
Months: April Until July
This is the best season to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The temperatures range from a mild 24 degrees Celsius to 37 degrees Celsius. April is typically the warmest month in Andaman and temperatures will often reach 33-37 degrees Celsius.
Many visitors spend a lot of time outdoors taking part in water sports like snorkelling, surfing and scuba diving. For those that want to partake in drier activities, they can go on a hike or a bike ride. It is great time to visit Port Blair, Long Island, Havelock Island, Clique Islands, Smith and Ross Islands, Little Andaman, Diglipur and others.
Summer Highlights: Beach Festival
SHOP my Favorite Andaman Travel Guide Books!
Andaman During Monsoon Season
Months: July Through September
Andaman only has three seasons, including “monsoon season”. With it comes heavy rainfalls, gusty winds and high tides. This makes it difficult to spend time outdoors as there are numerous torrential downpours. Still, the temperatures are pleasant and similar to those in May.
If you do plan on visiting here during this time of year, plan on spending a lot of time indoors and not taking part in any activities that involve the beach. This is the slower season in Andaman so if you don’t mind the rain, you can save a lot of money by braving the area during this time of year.
Monsoon Season Highlights: Food Festival and World Tourism Day Celebrations
SHOP my Favorite Andaman Travel Clothing!
Andaman During The Winter
Months: October Through March
Many will argue that December happens to be the best month to visit Andaman. The winter temperatures range from 20 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius. The rains have practically disappeared at this point.
Because the weather is so pleasant, this does happen to be a popular time of year to visit the island. Fortunately, it doesn’t tend to get overcrowded which still makes it an enjoyable time of year to visit it.
Winter Highlights: Film Festival, Island Tourism Festival and Swami Vive
In conclusion, if you plan on visiting Andaman you will have an enjoyable time. The weather is nice year round which gives you a lot of options for traveling to this island. Just remember though that during the months of July, August and September the area does receive a lot of rain.
Your best bet is to visit Andaman during the summer or winter months so that you don’t miss out on anything that the area has to offer just because of inclement weather. If you time your trip right, you’ll be able to take part in one of the highlights of the season mentioned above like the Film or Food Festival. Just make sure you plan to spend enough time in Andaman so that you can see all of the hidden gems of the island.
Over to You:
- Have you managed to figure out when to visit Andaman?
* Wanderluststorytellers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon sites.
Agoda 5% Discount Code
Guys, we have managed to organise a special Agoda discount just for our readers. The code works on any bookings.
Promo Code: Holiday5
Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
Stay period: Anytime
Booking URL: You need to book through our link – Click Here
- Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
- Stay period: Anytime
- The Promotion is non-transferable, non-cumulative and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products. The promo code cannot be resold.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, discount cards, loyalty programs, vouchers, discounted items and fixed price items.
- The customers must enter the eligible promo code to enjoy the Promotion.
- The Promotion is applicable to the selected accommodations in designated destinations made through a dedicated Promotion landing page at following URL: https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?pcs=1&cid=1727772
- The Promotion is applicable to accommodation room charges only(excludes taxes, service fees, processing fees, extra charges, personal consumption and the like).
- The Promotion discount will only be displayed on the booking form of the Promotion landing page after entering the eligible promo code.
- The Promotion is subject to the terms and conditions displayed,which are subject to change at any time. In case of a dispute, Agoda’s decision is final.
- Agoda does not guarantee that the Promotion price will be the lowest price available for accommodations.
- Agoda does not guarantee uninterrupted services of the Promotion landing page.