Whether you’re headed to the coast or flying to an exotic destination, summer holidays are the perfect opportunities to relax, soak up some sun and cast away your worries and stresses.
Check out 7 essentials you’ll need to help you get the most out of your well-deserved getaway. And grab your free summer packing list from Bel Around the World, to help you pack.
1. A Good Book or Magazine
Try to escape the screen of your smartphone by flipping through the pages of a book or magazine. Delve into a creative world or learn something new as waves lap against the sandy shore. More often than not, you’ll typically feel more refreshed and in touch with nature by disconnecting from the internet and your smart devices. So after the campfire is extinguished and everyone is ready for bed, whip out a book and read by torchlight instead of scrolling through Facebook.
2. Seasonal Fruit
Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of delicious seasonal fruit like mangoes, plums and cherries. The warmer season’s bounty of fresh produce makes it easy to indulge without going crazy on junk food while you’re on a trip away.
3. The Right Bag
If you’re hiking, make sure you use a bag that offers proper lumbar support and evenly distributes the weight of your belongings across your back and shoulders. For a weekend getaway, don’t be weighed down by a huge suitcase! It’s also important that wherever you go, you’ll know your belongings will make it with you on the trip back home. To ensure you’ve got the smartest and most durable travel solutions on your summer adventure, click here to check out the Bags To Go range of Pacsafe luggage.
4. The Right Swimsuit
If you’re heading to the beach or relaxing poolside, there are different swimsuits suitable for different occasions. If you’re surfing, be sure to don a sturdy top or a one-piece swimsuit to avoid showing off more than your sporting prowess. This is also true for the guys; a pair of elasticised board shorts works wonders in keeping everything in place. To help protect your skin from sunburn, try packing a sun shirt. All in all, be sure to choose something that makes you feel comfortable so you can get the most out of you holiday.
5. A Polaroid Camera
Digital or smartphone cameras are great inventions, but there’s something special about watching your photos develop right before your eyes. Packing a Polaroid camera is the perfect way to commemorate your summer getaway. When you get home, you can instantly remind yourself of your time in the sun by sticking pictures on your car’s dashboard, around your office computer or on the refrigerator.
6. Micro-Fibre Towels
Towels can quickly become a packer’s nightmare. They take up an immense amount of suitcase space and quite often one won’t cut it for your entire trip. Micro-fibre towels quickly increase luggage space and dry much faster than standard bath or beach towels. Some micro-fibre towels are even woven with antibacterial properties to reduce the occurrence of odour.
7. An Emergency Kit
Avoid standing in line at a pharmacy by keeping a small emergency kit handy in your luggage. Band-Aids, Panadol, Vaseline, lip balm, a bandage, sunscreen, aloe vera gel, and sanitary products are some of the items that could come in handy while you’re on holiday.
If you love being organized, here is a handy beach packing list for when you are travelling with kids!
Where do you plan on going for your summer holiday? What would be your top essential?
Agoda 5% Discount Code
Guys, we have managed to organise a special Agoda discount just for our readers. The code works on any bookings.
Promo Code: Holiday5
Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
Stay period: Anytime
Booking URL: You need to book through our link – Click Here
- Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
- Stay period: Anytime
- The Promotion is non-transferable, non-cumulative and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products. The promo code cannot be resold.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, discount cards, loyalty programs, vouchers, discounted items and fixed price items.
- The customers must enter the eligible promo code to enjoy the Promotion.
- The Promotion is applicable to the selected accommodations in designated destinations made through a dedicated Promotion landing page at following URL: https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?pcs=1&cid=1727772
- The Promotion is applicable to accommodation room charges only(excludes taxes, service fees, processing fees, extra charges, personal consumption and the like).
- The Promotion discount will only be displayed on the booking form of the Promotion landing page after entering the eligible promo code.
- The Promotion is subject to the terms and conditions displayed,which are subject to change at any time. In case of a dispute, Agoda’s decision is final.
- Agoda does not guarantee that the Promotion price will be the lowest price available for accommodations.
- Agoda does not guarantee uninterrupted services of the Promotion landing page.