I bet that every single one of us at one point or another struggled to find fast WiFi whilst traveling away from our own home countries! How often have you spent way too many hours in your hotel room or hotel lobby getting in touch with your family and friends. How much time have you wasted in a local cafe whilst trying to upload the latest travel pics to Facebook? Or how frustrated have you been when you tried to book a hotel for your next destination, and you had limited access to internet! I bet we would all rather explore and discover our holiday destination rather than trying to struggle with unreliable or slow WiFi!
Recently on one of our holidays we had a pretty fun experience where our daughter fell ill with one incredible tummy bug. We had just landed in the airport for our 6 hour long transit and our daughter was vomiting everywhere! Stuck with no internet access, and having to rely on the airport hotspot locations was a true pain! We needed to hop on the internet and find an affordable hotel close by where she could have a toilet close by as well as get some rest in between the bouts of sickness. We needed to find a doctor who could come out and visit her as she was pretty badly ill (and we were freaking out as to how we would manage flying all the way to Australia with a sick girl like that). Not only that, but once we booked into the hotel and hubby started running around to try and contact our insurance company, find food and get our bags off the next flight, I had absolutely no way to contact him when I needed too. It was a disaster! You can read more about our challenging situation here.
After an experience like that, one starts to wonder what the easiest way is to stay connected whilst traveling. Not only for the sake of emergency situations, but also for ease of staying in contact with everyone back home! Becoming a savvy traveller is almost essential these days!
Staying connected with KnowRoaming Global SIM Stickers:
As we mostly travel as a family, the ability to stay connected is now an essential part of our travel plans. We all know that traditional roaming is expensive (which is why we switch off our data roaming option on our phones whilst traveling). Finding a local SIM card is inconvenient (and also happens to be the last thing I want to do when I arrive in a new destination). And relying on WiFi is unreliable, slow or just simply a pain to find.
The KnowRoaming Global SIM sticker was created to help travellers stay connected at an affordable price. It happens to be a pretty convenient system for providing cost effective roaming solutions for international travel. The SIM Sticker connects you to local wireless networks; providing voice, data and SMS services for up to 85% less than traditional roaming; when traveling in over 200+ countries.
How does the KnowRoaming SIM Sticker work?
- The KnowRoaming SIM Sticker is a one-time application Global SIM that sticks on to your current SIM card in your unlocked phone or tablet.
- When you are at home, the sticker remains dormant; however when you travel internationally the sticker will activate and connect to the local network to provide you with voice, data and SMS services.
- You can also access unlimited data in over 70 countries for only USD $7.99 per day!
- The KnowRoaming Global SIM sticker system operates on a top-up basis, very easy to do through their user friendly app.
Benefits of using a KnowRoaming Global SIM Sticker:
- It is an easy and affordable way to use your phone whilst overseas.
- The credit applied to your sticker never expires! Simply use your unused credit the next time you travel.
- The service is prepaid which means that you will never come home to a massive data roaming bill ever again.
- The service is compatible with over 200+ countries.
- You can manage your account, check your rates and top-up your data in the user friendly FREE app.
- You can subscribe to ReachMe to receive all the calls to your home mobile number while you’re traveling
- You can travel and make use of your phone or tablet, just like you would as if you were at home!
Want to learn more?
Visit the KnowRoaming website to learn more about this new savvy way of staying connected whilst traveling!
Next time you head out on an international holiday, why not give the KnowRoaming Global SIM Sticker a go and see if this system is a fit with the way you travel!! Staying connected whilst traveling is becoming more and more essential in life. Not only does it provide you with the ease of sharing on the spot photos and stories about your travels, but it also offers you a safety net for when those emergency situations come up.
Is it time to pack those bags yet?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by KnowRoaming in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own