The setting and views from Topas Ecolodge will impress even the hardest of hearts!
This Sapa luxury hotel instantly made us think about ‘Maldives’ or ‘Bora Bora’ but set in between mountains and rice paddies instead of water.
The rooms are designed in an ‘eco’ focused manner, so whilst they are luxurious they are also oozing elegant simplicity, which fits in brilliantly with the natural feel of Sapa in Vietnam.
Let us show you why this Sapa Ecolodge will stun and amaze you!
The Dramatic One-of-a-Kind Surroundings of the Topas Eco Lodge Sapa
Where is this Eco Lodge Resort?
View of the surrounding mountain range of Topas Ecolodge Hotel Sapa!
Topas Sapa Eco Lodge is located only 45 min (18km) outside Sapa town in the North Vietnam.
It happens to be one of the top Vietnam Eco Resorts and it is easy to understand why! The lodge is perfectly situated on a beautiful hilltop, deep in the mountains of Hoang Lien National Park. Making it an ideal location to do some hiking in Sapa.
Wondering how to get to Sapa?
We have you covered in our in-depth and extensive guide on
Quick Look at Topas Ecolodge in Sapa Vietnam
Sapa Accommodation at Topas Eco Lodge
– Our In-Depth Topas Ecolodge Review –
The Restaurant at Topas Ecolodge Resort Sapa
The Sapa Topas Ecolodge consists of 25 mountain bungalows all built as rustic chalet-style houses from local white granite. All have their own private outlook on the incredible Sapa valley surrounding the hotel.
Upon arrival at this Sapa hotel, you will be asked to wait at the ‘outer reception area’. There they will collect your bags from you, give you your keys and explain to you how to get to your own bungalow.
You will need to walk from there to your bungalow.
Whilst it is a bit of a walk, the views are just incredible and it truly does make for a delightful stroll! They will bring your suitcases down to your house, so you don’t need to worry about dragging your luggage behind you.
Stunning Setting surrounding Topas Ecolodge Sapa Lào Cai
The Topas Lodge is truly unique as it is based on sustainable principles. The owners want to ensure that the lodge has a minimum impact on the surrounding beautiful environment.
Together with them being eco-friendly, they also take pride in employing local people. Therefore you might have to switch on your patience levels as some of the staff might not be 100% fluent in English yet.
Whilst the lodge might be situated 45 min drive from Sapa town itself, the lodge does offer a free shuttle bus that operates on three different time slots in the day.
It is important to note that the last shuttle bus leaves Topas Ecolodge at 13:50 and returns at 16:10.
Never-ending photo opportunities at the Topas Ecolodge Hotel, Vietnam
Our Deluxe Sapa Bungalow at Topas Ecolodge:
There are two sets of bungalows at Topas Ecolodge.
We chose to stay in the cheaper of the two options and snapped up a Deluxe Bungalow for a night. These bungalows are built to overlook Ban Ho village to the south and have the Hoang Lien mountain range as a beautiful background.
The Executive Bungalows, at a slightly more expensive price per night, overlooks Thanh Kim village to the north together with more unique mountain ranges as a backdrop!
The Bungalows themselves are truly beautiful. They are rustic, but the ‘rocky’ feel of the building suits the environment perfectly. They are simplistic, but elegant and luxurious none the less.
Inside you will not find any TV’s, you will not find WiFi access, but what you will find is views that will truly stop you dead in your tracks!!
Our weather was a bit temperamental … as it is throughout all of Sapa. We arrived in some rainy weather and the views were covered up by low lying clouds.
But once they cleared … we knew that we had made the right choice to splurge out on this luxurious accommodation in Sapa for a night!
The clean elegance of our room at Topas Ecolodge – Sapa Vietnam
Inside the cottage, you will find a gorgeous, cosy bed.
There is also a mosquito net available, and you can purchase some bug spray from the reception area if you need. We didn’t really have a major issue with bugs or mosquitoes.
In the corner of your cottage, you will also find a splash of colour in your chair decor, together with a set of some candles to help create the romance if necessary.
Cute little corner of our room at Topas, Vietnam
Beautiful views from all different angles! It was hard to leave the beauty of these gorgeous rice fields behind the next morning!!
The best Vietnam Eco Resort!
In the main building on the grounds, you will find the Topas restaurant. As breakfast is included in your price of accommodation, this is where you will go to fill your bellies in the morning. You can also purchase your other meals from this restaurant.
We splurged out for dinner there on our night, prices for food are a lot more than what you would be used to in Vietnam. I guess that comes with staying at a more expensive hotel altogether.
Recommended Reading on What to Do in Sapa!
Together with the restaurant, they also have a lodge lounge. Here you can enjoy relaxing whilst also catching up on life and goss on the web. It is one of the few spots at Topas Ecolodge that has Wifi access.
But then mind you, I’m not sure how you could possibly stare at a phone or computer when you have these views surrounding you there?
After Sapa Hotels with Views? Well, look no further!!
When the weather cleared up, we also enjoyed a bit of a stroll up to their viewing platform. Again incredible views, but also just a good place to come and relax and breathe. Be present and absorb how lucky you are to be in such an incredible spot!
Simply the best place to relax at this eco-lodge in Sapa Vietnam
Stay at this Topas Sapa Resort if:
- … you love simplistic luxury with an eco-friendly approach.
- … you are after a more luxurious Sapa accommodation option.
- … you love the mountains and amazing views.
- … you love feeling secluded from the world.
- … you like peace and quiet.
- … you don’t mind tackling some challenges that come with being set so far away from the town.
- … you want to experience a stay at the best Vietnam Eco Lodge
Topas Ecolodge Booking Information:
- Costs of Deluxe Bungalow starts from USD $145 p/n whilst executive starts from USD $165 p/n
- Where: Topas Lodge Sapa is situated on a beautiful hilltop deep in the mountains of Hoang Lien National Park, only 45 min outside Sapa town in North Vietnam.
- Suitable as: a parent (couples)-escape or small family stay (bungalows fix 3 pax, cots are available for hire as well)
Still feeling unsure? Why not have a look at the Topas Ecolodge reviews on TripAdvisor to see what other guests thought!
The stunning mountain range that surrounds this beautiful Ecolodge in Sapa Vietnam
Where to next?
Prepare yourself for your trip to Vietnam by reading up on all the things you should know!
Use our list of popular Vietnam Accommodation choices (including other Sapa Hotels) to help you plan your trip!
* Please note we stayed at this hotel at our own expense. We wanted to splurge and treat ourselves to some luxury as it was our 1 year wedding anniversary. This post is our honest reflections as a Topas Ecolodge Sapa reviews post.
Agoda 5% Discount Code
Guys, we have managed to organise a special Agoda discount just for our readers. The code works on any bookings.
Promo Code: Holiday5
Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
Stay period: Anytime
Booking URL: You need to book through our link – Click Here
- Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
- Stay period: Anytime
- The Promotion is non-transferable, non-cumulative and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products. The promo code cannot be resold.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, discount cards, loyalty programs, vouchers, discounted items and fixed price items.
- The customers must enter the eligible promo code to enjoy the Promotion.
- The Promotion is applicable to the selected accommodations in designated destinations made through a dedicated Promotion landing page at following URL: https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?pcs=1&cid=1727772
- The Promotion is applicable to accommodation room charges only(excludes taxes, service fees, processing fees, extra charges, personal consumption and the like).
- The Promotion discount will only be displayed on the booking form of the Promotion landing page after entering the eligible promo code.
- The Promotion is subject to the terms and conditions displayed,which are subject to change at any time. In case of a dispute, Agoda’s decision is final.
- Agoda does not guarantee that the Promotion price will be the lowest price available for accommodations.
- Agoda does not guarantee uninterrupted services of the Promotion landing page.