Are you looking for the best travel car seat 2023, then Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat has got you covered!
There are tonnes of good car seats on the market today, however not many come highly ranked as the best car seat for travel. Safety 1st Guide 65 is, very much deservedly high in the top 10.
Tip: Also check out our recommendations for a foldable car seat for 2 year old.
Check out our Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat review in more detail here:
Best travel car seat 2023!
Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat Review
The Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat is undoubtedly the best travel car seat for babies and toddlers this year!
As the name suggests, this car seat can last until your child is 65 lbs.
This, of course, means, that your car can be used for a much longer period of time than the majority of the seats out there.
Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat Chambers Features:
This car seat weighs only 14 lbs, which makes this seat one of the lightest seats available on the market today!
Being extremely lightweight makes this seat easy to carry around with you wherever you travel to.
We do recommend, however, that you use a car seat backpack or a car seat roller like the Go-Go Babyz Travelmate to make life easier.
The Safety 1st Guide 65 measures around 18″ in width, which means that it should fit perfectly on economy-class airline seats.
Should some of the airline seats be a bit slimmer, you might need to have the armrest in an upright position.
Tip: Make sure to check the sizes of the airline seats prior to booking your flight.
Also, there is a cup holder located on the side of the seat, which you can remove to make the seat even slimmer.
Convertible Car Seat
The biggest bonus of this car seat is, that it is convertible of course! When using this seat in a rear-facing position, you can accommodate kids from 5 lbs to 40 lbs.
Alternatively, when using the seat in a forward-facing position, the weight range goes from 22 lbs to a maximum of 65 lbs.
Pros and Cons of Safety 1st Convertible Car Seat:
- Lightweight: Talk about one of the lightest car seats for travel on the market today, weighing only 14 lbs. Easy to transport and a great portable travel car seat!
- Affordable Price: Although this travel car seat is relatively cheap, it is a very well-made and highly reputable product!
- Convertibility: Safety first convertible car seat can convert from the rear-facing to the front-facing car seat, meaning that the weight limit can get all the way up to 65 lbs!
- Easy set up: This is a super easy car seat to set up, so do not worry here. When you are on an airplane, all it takes is 30 seconds.
- Can be awkward to carry around without a carry bag: When you travel with the Safety First Guide 65 car seat, I would strongly recommend getting yourself a car seat backpack or a car seat roller like the Go-Go Babyz Travelmate.
Final Verdict about Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat
The Safety 1st Guide 65 Car Seat is one of the best affordable baby car seats for travel, or should I say, the best cheap baby car seats for travel.
It is super lightweight and slim enough to fit on any airplane seat It also has a wide weight limit, meaning that you can use the seat for many years to come.
The seat is definitely one of the best car seats for traveling on an airplane.
>>> Click here to check prices and styles now
Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat Accessories:
You will need to grab either a travel car seat cart or car seat travel covers for your new travel car seat. Here are some popular options for you.
Here is our recommendation for a great car seat backpack:
Here is our recommendation for a Go-Go Babyz Travelmate stroller:
GO-GO BABYZ TRAVELMATE Car Seat Travel Stroller for Toddler Car Seats