Are you looking for the best way of how to get from Phuket to Krabi? Then you came to the right place.
If you’re traveling around Southern Thailand and looking for the best way to get from lively Phuket to Krabi, you have a couple of options.
In this guide, you will find the best way to get from Phuket to Krabi that suits your style of travel and more. We will share with you the time it takes for each option and we will help you find your booking easier.
Before you go from Phuket to Krabi
Here are a few things that you might want to know before you book your journey from Phuket to Krabi and vice versa:
Phuket to Krabi distance
Luckily the distance between Krabi to Phuket and vice versa is relatively short, so you will have more time to enjoy the destination on the other end.
The distance from the bus terminal to the bus terminal is only 165kms which means by road the travel time is somewhere between 2 to 4 hours, depending on traffic.
The ferry, on the other hand, involves longer waiting periods and often stop-overs that make the trip into a longer journey.
We’ll start by giving you more information to help you decide which option suits you best.
How to get from Phuket to Krabi:
There are 4 main options to choose from when traveling from Phuket to Krabi and back. Ultimately, whichever of these options you choose, there will be stunning scenery and time to sit back and enjoy the journey.
Here are the best ways of getting from Phuket to Krabi:
1. Phuket to Krabi Bus
Buses are the most used mode of transport between Krabi and Phuket as they offer door-to-door convenience.
The journey starts off slowly as the driver goes from hotel to hotel collecting passengers. Once on the road, you can be prepared for a quick (sometimes too quick) ride to the destination.
You can expect a total travel time of between 3-4 hours.
Journey Time: 3-4 hours
Cost: Around 450THB/ $14USD
Perfect for: Those wanting a short journey time with convenient departure times
There is also the option of government-run buses, which is a nice way to enjoy the ride and meet the locals.
They cost about 200 Baht/$6USD and run every 2 hours from terminal to terminal, so you will also need to make your way to and from the terminals.
These can be easily booked with the local travel agents.
2. Taxi from Phuket to Krabi
Getting a Taxi from Phuket to Krabi is a great option for those who want to travel with a little more comfort, and potentially a less hair-raising journey.
The trip lasts about 2 hours, with the luxury of being able to make stops when you choose and having the convenience of being picked up and dropped off at your exact location.
It is also an easy option to catch one of these taxi’s to get from Phuket airport to Krabi.
Journey Time: 2 Hours
Cost: From 2500-3800THB/ $80-120USD
Perfect for: Those looking for a bit more luxury and safety
You can check out the current prices for a Phuket to Krabi Taxi here.
3. Phuket to Krabi Ferry
Traveling by air-conditioned ferry is a comfortable and scenic way to make the journey from Phuket to Krabi.
The ferries travel between Rassada Pier and Nopparat Thara Pier once a day in the high seasons and three times a week in the low seasons. The trip takes about 2.5 hours directly.
If you are traveling on the alternate days in the low season, there is also the option of taking the ferry that leaves Phuket at 8:30am and stops over on Phi Phi island for 5 hours before continuing the journey to Krabi.
This takes around 8.5 hours and is a longer more laid back way of spending your travel time with a pleasant island lunch break.
Journey Time: 3 – 9 hours
Cost: Around 750THB/ $24USD
Perfect For: a slow, scenic trip with a stopover in Phi Phi
You can check out the current prices for the Phuket to Krabi ferry here.
4. Phuket to Krabi Speedboat
Speedboats are by far the fastest way to get from Phuket to Krabi.
The travel time is approximately 1 hour 20 minutes when taking a boat from Phuket to Krabi, and the speedboat terminates in the resort town of Ao Nang, which is about 19 km’s (12 miles) from Krabi town by road.
Take note of this when deciding to choose this as the quickest form of transport.
Journey Time: 1.5 hours
Cost: Around 1200 Baht/ $38USD
Perfect For: Those looking for the quickest way to get there
More Reading on Krabi
Agoda 5% Discount Code
Guys, we have managed to organise a special Agoda discount just for our readers. The code works on any bookings.
Promo Code: Holiday5
Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
Stay period: Anytime
Booking URL: You need to book through our link – Click Here
- Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
- Stay period: Anytime
- The Promotion is non-transferable, non-cumulative and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products. The promo code cannot be resold.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, discount cards, loyalty programs, vouchers, discounted items and fixed price items.
- The customers must enter the eligible promo code to enjoy the Promotion.
- The Promotion is applicable to the selected accommodations in designated destinations made through a dedicated Promotion landing page at following URL: https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?pcs=1&cid=1727772
- The Promotion is applicable to accommodation room charges only(excludes taxes, service fees, processing fees, extra charges, personal consumption and the like).
- The Promotion discount will only be displayed on the booking form of the Promotion landing page after entering the eligible promo code.
- The Promotion is subject to the terms and conditions displayed,which are subject to change at any time. In case of a dispute, Agoda’s decision is final.
- Agoda does not guarantee that the Promotion price will be the lowest price available for accommodations.
- Agoda does not guarantee uninterrupted services of the Promotion landing page.