Are you looking for the best way of getting from Krabi to Koh Lanta? We will help you choose the safest and the most direct way possible.
If you’re wondering how to get to Koh Lanta on your trip to Thailand, there are a number of well-priced, simple options to choose from.
Take your pick from a private taxi, shared minivan, renting a car, the express transfer or, if you’re backpacking, take the passenger ferry.
How to get from Krabi to Koh Lanta
Travelling to Koh Lanta is worth the trip and there are plenty of ways to get there. Choose the perfect transport method to make your trip from Krabi to Koh Lanta the best it can be.
Option 1: Private Transfer
There are a number of options for road travel to Koh Lanta. The first is boarding a private taxi/minivan, which can take up to 7 passengers. The trip includes ferry tickets to Koh Lanta and door-to-door service.
Journey time: 90 minutes to 2 hours
The cost involved: approx $96 USD
Perfect for: big groups
Check tickets: Book your minivan transfer from Krabi to Koh Lanta here.
Option 2: Multi-Transport
The second way of getting from Krabi to Koh Lanta is via a multi-transport option, which has a number of pick-ups throughout the day. While it is very reasonably priced, the trip can be quite hot and the van waits to be filled up before departing.
Journey time: from 1.5 to 3.5 hours
The cost involved: from $39.49 USD
Perfect for: a budget holiday
Check tickets: book your tickets from Krabi to Koh Lanta here.
Option 3: Shared Transfer
Bypass the ferry from Krabi to Koh Lanta by taking the direct transfer. Start off with a pleasant drive to the pier where you will board a speedboat from Krabi to Koh Lanta. Then get a hotel drop-off on the island.
Journey time: approx 3 hours
The cost involved: from $11 USD
Perfect for: budget travellers
Check tickets: book your tickets for transfer from Krabi to Koh Lanta
Option 4: Passenger Ferry to Koh Lanta
Your final option is the Krabi to Koh Lanta ferry for passengers. If you’re backpacking through Thailand, this is a perfect choice.
You will arrive at Saladan Pier, from where you can head to your accommodation. Bear in mind, the passenger ferry only operates between November and April when it is most popular.
The Lanta Islands, of which Koh Lanta is chief, are an unmissable stop on any trip to Thailand.
With so many options for getting around, book now and make your trip from Krabi to Koh Lanta as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.
Journey time: 2 hours
The cost involved: approx $13 USD
Suited for: travellers on foot or on a day trip
Check tickets: book your ferry from Krabi to Koh Lanta here
Need to Know Before You Go from Krabi to Koh Lanta
Here is what you need to know before you go from Krabi to Koh Lanta:
How far is Krabi from Koh Lanta
Krabi is approximately 55 km from Koh Lanta. Depending on your travel method, it can take between 90 minutes and 3.5 hours to reach Koh Lanta.
Getting from Krabi to Koh Lanta FAQ
Here are frequently asked questions about getting from Krabi to Koh Lanta:
1. How to get to Koh Lanta
Whether you hire a car or head to Koh Lanta on foot, you will have to board a ferry or speedboat during your journey.
If you arrive in Krabi earlier than 06h00 or later than 22h00, you may have to stay in Krabi Town for the night as the ferry will be closed.
2. How to travel to Koh Lanta Airport?
Koh Lanta itself doesn’t have an airport but nearby the nearby towns of Krabi and Trang both have airports, from which you can get a transfer to Koh Lanta.
3. Does Koh Lanta have a bridge to the mainland?
The only way to reach Koh Lanta is by boat as there is no bridge connecting it to the mainland. However, there is a bridge between the largest island of Koh Lanta Yai (commonly referred to as Koh Lanta) and Koh Lanta Noi.
- Grab your list of the best things to do on Koh Lanta here.
- Plan your itinerary for Krabi with our post on the top things to do in Krabi here.
- Find the best beach in Krabi that you should check out.
- Click here to find the best places to stay in Krabi
- Click here to find the best place to stay in Koh Lanta
Over to you:
- Which of the above options from our detailed guide on getting to Koh Lanta did you find the most helpful? Please share your experiences in the comments below
Agoda 5% Discount Code
Guys, we have managed to organise a special Agoda discount just for our readers. The code works on any bookings.
Promo Code: Holiday5
Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
Stay period: Anytime
Booking URL: You need to book through our link – Click Here
- Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
- Stay period: Anytime
- The Promotion is non-transferable, non-cumulative and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products. The promo code cannot be resold.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, discount cards, loyalty programs, vouchers, discounted items and fixed price items.
- The customers must enter the eligible promo code to enjoy the Promotion.
- The Promotion is applicable to the selected accommodations in designated destinations made through a dedicated Promotion landing page at following URL: https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?pcs=1&cid=1727772
- The Promotion is applicable to accommodation room charges only(excludes taxes, service fees, processing fees, extra charges, personal consumption and the like).
- The Promotion discount will only be displayed on the booking form of the Promotion landing page after entering the eligible promo code.
- The Promotion is subject to the terms and conditions displayed,which are subject to change at any time. In case of a dispute, Agoda’s decision is final.
- Agoda does not guarantee that the Promotion price will be the lowest price available for accommodations.
- Agoda does not guarantee uninterrupted services of the Promotion landing page.