– GUEST POST –
Raja (kings) – sthan (place), as the name signifies is the grandeur of Rajput royalty and a popular tourist spot.
Rajasthan has an exotic landscape; which unfolds in a rare combination of beauty, royalty, culture & history. Besides a rich historical past, the place is a beautiful amalgamation of living cultural heritage, adventurous activities, and mesmerizing views.
Making it a perfect place to visit in India!
Photo Source: Jean-Pierre Dalbéra | Flickr
The view of this landscape is unparalleled during the Rajastan fairs and festivals and attracts many tourists across many borders. So if you are planning a trip to the place of royalty, don’t miss its popular festivals. Here is a list of the top 5 festivals and fairs of Rajasthan; which you can find in any Rajasthan tour packages, click here to browse through some on eRajasthan Tourism.
More Posts on India:
How to plan and celebrate Holi in Mathura and Vrindavan by The Wanderer
The Best Festivals and Fairs of Rajasthan
1. Rajasthan International Folk Festival (RIFF)
If you are a folk cultural lover, then this festival will be a delight for you to watch. The RIFF is organized to boost the indigenous music and art forms by RIFF society. During the festival, the city is bedecked beautifully. The event goes for 5 days and the city dances on the beats of its folk music.
Photo Source: Varun Shiv Kapur | Flickr
The festival is set up against the backdrop of Royal Mehrangarh Fort, which enhances the vibe of the festival even further. The other attractions during the festival are jazz nights, Rajasthani nights, gypsy folk dance forms and melodious ragas.
It is one of the most popular of the festivals of Rajasthan.
2. Nagaur Fair
Nagaur Fair is a popular fair organized in a place called Nagaur. The fair is held during the month of February every year and is the second largest cattle festival.
Photo Source: jack wickes | Flickr
Around 2 lakh animals like horses, camels, bulls, and cows etc. are bedecked beautiful. These cattle are accompanied by their owners. During the fair, trading of cattle takes place in large numbers.
Photo Source: jack wickes | Flickr
The place is popular with tourists due to the famous folk dance and music performances. The other highlight of the event is: tug of war, bullock race and puppet shows!
3. Jaipur Literature Festival
The Jaipur literature festival is one of the most popular festivals! It’s the largest literary event and goes for 5 days. The panel has renowned academicians, writers, sportsmen, journalists, business leaders and many other great minds.
Photo Source: British High Commission, New Delhi | Flickr
The success of the festival has grown enormously with time. And now it welcomes nearly 1300 speakers and 1.2 million readers.
A visit to the festival will be a great idea if you are in the capital.
4. Kota adventure
The festival is held during Dussehra (October) and attracts flocks of adventure sports lovers from everywhere. The event exhibits various activities like parasailing, rafting, windsurfing, water skiing, and kayaking. Apart from this, the visitors can also enjoy its hugely popular rock climbing, gliding, trekking, angling and rural excursions.
5. Kite festival, Jodhpur
The Kite festival in Jodhpur is an immensely popular kite sport which is celebrated in a grand way during the Sankranti festival.
Photo Source: BMW Guggenheim Lab | Flickr
During this time the “international kite festival” is also organized. The festival is a delight to watch and is probably my favorite from the list of fairs and festivals of Rajasthan.
So don’t miss this international event if you are in the city. It’s a magical experience that happens only once in a year.–
A trip to Rajasthan is truly a trip that is full of unique experiences. Try to organise your trip so that it coincides with these 5 Rajasthan fairs and festivals and make your trip a memorable one.
Feature Photo Credit: Julien Lagarde | Flickr
Agoda 5% Discount Code
Guys, we have managed to organise a special Agoda discount just for our readers. The code works on any bookings.
Promo Code: Holiday5
Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
Stay period: Anytime
Booking URL: You need to book through our link – Click Here
- Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
- Stay period: Anytime
- The Promotion is non-transferable, non-cumulative and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products. The promo code cannot be resold.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, discount cards, loyalty programs, vouchers, discounted items and fixed price items.
- The customers must enter the eligible promo code to enjoy the Promotion.
- The Promotion is applicable to the selected accommodations in designated destinations made through a dedicated Promotion landing page at following URL: https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?pcs=1&cid=1727772
- The Promotion is applicable to accommodation room charges only(excludes taxes, service fees, processing fees, extra charges, personal consumption and the like).
- The Promotion discount will only be displayed on the booking form of the Promotion landing page after entering the eligible promo code.
- The Promotion is subject to the terms and conditions displayed,which are subject to change at any time. In case of a dispute, Agoda’s decision is final.
- Agoda does not guarantee that the Promotion price will be the lowest price available for accommodations.
- Agoda does not guarantee uninterrupted services of the Promotion landing page.