Are you trying to choose between all the millions of options of travel packing cubes on the market today?
It can get a little bit overwhelming, can’t it!?
One nifty trick of trying to narrow down our choices is to simply find the cube that has the most (positive) reviews on Amazon!
The eBags Travel Cubes are the #1 best selling luggage packing cubes on Amazon!!
There are so many reasons why we love these packing cubes and why we personally use them ourselves.
But the most important features are their high quality design, with durable Nylon, reinforced zippers and an inner material lined layer!
They are great as either suitcase packing cubes or as packing cubes for backpacking (more on this below).
Watch our eBags packing cubes video where we outline the positive and negatives in our eBags packing cubes review.
These cubes are one of the best travel cubes in 2022.
eBags Packing Cubes Review
Below you can find a quick summary of the key requirements that we look out for when we purchase our packing cubes.
Product Features & Specs:
- Techlite Diamond Nylon
- Corded high quality double zipper pulls
- Strong mesh top panel
- Durable interior seams
- Guaranteed for life
- Webbing handle for convenience when carried by itself
- 30 Day eBags return policy
Different Colors Available:
These travel organizer bags are available in a selection of 10 bright colors: black, grasshopper, aquamarine, denim, raspberry, eggplant, titanium, peony, canary & tangerine.
For us, a choice of colors are essential as the different colors allow you to color code cubes with different family members; which is really helpful when your kids share a suitcase!
Different Styles Available:
eBags Packing Cubes 3pc Set
eBags Medium Packing Cubes 3pc Set
- The second most bought product from the cube range is their medium 3 pc set. Essentially you simply get 3 medium sized cubes.
- The medium sized cube is our favourite size, so it makes sense to buy this size and simply compartmentalize your items. This size also works well in a typical 21" carry-on roller-style suitcase.
- You can also purchase a set of 3 eBags small packing cubes or the eBags large packing cubes seperately.
eBags Ultralight Packing Cubes
- Everything about these packing cubes are lightweight: a lighter material, lighter zips and a touch of compression to fit in more clothes. They come in a set of 5: 1 slim, 2 small and 2 large.
- I much prefer the standard packing cubes over these, but if weight is a major issue for you, it might be worthwhile investing in a set of these light babies.
eBags Slim Packing Cubes 3pc set
- I really think that the eBags slim packing cubes are the best packing cubes for backpacking. These cubes are perfect for slipping into either daypacks or backpacks.
- I also really love them as an additional to my standard set, as they tend to fill in the leftover ‘gaps’ in my suitcase really well. They also work brilliantly for babies and kids gear.
- The eBags brand backs up their quality products with a Lifetime Warranty
- eBag Packing Cubes are sized very cleverly to fit into both your luggage as well as those hotel drawers
- These luggage cubes are made to last!
- The mesh packing cubes allow you to see inside your cube without having to zip it open
- They come in multiple color options! Great for families like us: Katie-Lee gets the blue and Lily gets the green!
- They make use of YKK reinforced zippers, which means that you can open the cubes over and over and rely on those zippers to last!
- The breathable Nylon fabric will allow you to store some damp clothing as well!! How fabulous for when you need to pack and those swimmers aren't completely dry yet!!
- The inner fabric lining means that the edges will never fray and neither will the zipper ever get stuck in the mesh outer layer!
- They are machine washable
- When filling the packing cubes they tend to bulge out in various places rather than fill out the shape neatly. This is due to the flexible soft material which aids to the lightweight factor.
Not feeling convinced that these are the packing cubes for you?
Check out our list of the top 10 packing cubes here
These are one of our personal favorite suitcase organizer bags! They happen to be the #1 best travel accessory on Amazon and they also proudly take the place of the bestseller amongst packing cubes!
Honestly, there is no need to look further! You know that these cubes will last you and if for any reason something do break, you are backed by their lifetime warranty. My only advice is to purchase the eBags value set, which combines the standard size cubes with the slim. A combination of both sets will allow you to make the most use of the space in your suitcase or backpack.
Grab a set now, you won't be disappointed! And if you are, you can return it for 30 days, so really what have you got too loose!
How much can I fit in the large cube?
In my large packing cube I have 3 denims, 1 pair of shorts, 2 dresses and 1 skirt. I could still fit in a few folded shirts or dresses on top as well. Very spacious and a great way to keep contents nice and organised!
Which one should I choose? eBags vs Eagle Creek
The comparison between Eagle Creek vs eBags packing cubes is an easy and straightforward one.
- If you are after standard packing cubes for travel, the eBags cubes win hands down. They are the perfect size in comparison to the Eagle Creek which are slightly on the (too) small side.
- If you are after compression cubes to minimize space, then we highly suggest you invest in the Eagle Creek Compression Packing Cubes. We have a set of these that we use in combination with our eBags when we go to cold destinations. They are great when you need to compress bulky items such as jumpers.
Which one should I choose? Shacke Pak vs eBags
This question is a lot harder too answer. In our house Andrzej uses a set of eBags, whilst I prefer the Shacke Pak packing cubes.
- If you are looking at quality and durability, I really feel like they are an equal match.
- I prefer the Shacke Pak simply because I love the vibrancy in the color and the look of the material more. I also like that the Shacke Pak is a ‘stiffer’ cube and retains its shape a lot better than the eBags tend to.
- However, I really love how much tidier and neater the eBags fit next to each other in a suitcase, whereas the Shacke Pak is slightly too large to fit next to each other without having to squeeze and squash the cubes in next to each other (which results in creased clothes).
- These are great for all genders. My husband loves them as we share a suitcase, so it keeps his things separate from all of mine. You can find a list of more men's travel essentials here.
We hope you enjoyed our eBags review. Please keep your eye out as we plan to write up more helpful reviews of the travel gear we personally use!
* Wanderluststorytellers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon sites.