Thailand might just be our favorite Asian country to visit. Thailand is a great destination for either couples, friends or for families. You can read all our best posts in the Thailand travel blog section below.
Thailand Travel Basics
WiFi Availability: Whilst you can find free WiFi in Thailand, we found that the speed and connection were often unreliable.
Sim cards in Thailand are really affordable, so I suggest you pick one up from the airport so that you are always connected. You can even buy a Sim Card online and simply pick it up to keep things easy.
Airports: There are many international airports in Thailand. The busiest of which is probably Bangkok, Krabi, Chang Rai and Phuket.
To save time on your holiday, make sure you choose to fly in and out of the airport that is located closest to your holiday destinations. You can find a list of all the airports in Thailand here.
Visa Required: Most tourists traveling to Thailand will not need a visa, however, the following 21 countries will need to acquire a visa on arrival - Andorra, Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine & Uzbekistan.
International Driver’s License Accepted? It is always a good idea to have an international driver's license with you, but have never been asked to show one and could even rent a car without having to show proof of one.
Is it Safe? Thailand is a safe country to visit. But as is typical in Asian countries it is recommended to keep an eye out for scams. Also important to be aware of drink-spiking in the bars of 'dodgy' places in Thailand, such as Bangla road in Phuket.
Thailand with Kids
A Thailand trip with kids is always a good idea.
Thailand is an easy country to travel with kids. The Thai people are super welcoming to kids, English is pretty widely spoken and you can find supplies for babies or toddler in the larger supermarkets.
We visited Thailand for 3 weeks with our 2-year-old, so whipped up a video that you can watch about how to travel in Thailand with a baby/toddler.
There is a wide range of family hotels in Thailand; plenty of which offer excellent pool facilities and kids club options.
Thailand Travel Guides
You can read our Thailand holiday guides to:
Phuket Travel Guides:
- Best Beaches in Phuket
- James Bond Island Tour Review
- Top Phuket Adventure Activities to Try Out
- Phi Phi Island Tour Review
- A One Day Itinerary for Phuket
Bangkok Travel Guides:
Krabi Travel Guides:
- Top 5 Best Beaches in Krabi to Check Out
- Top 10 Things to do in Krabi
- How to get from Krabi to Railay West, Tonsai & Phranang Cave Beach (Video)
Khao Lak Travel Guides:
Koh Lanta Travel Guides:
Koh Lipe Travel Guides:
Koh Kradan Travel Guides:
Thailand Transport Guides
For helpful information on how to get around on your Thailand trip, click to read the guide below:
- How to get to Koh Lanta
- How to get from Phuket to Krabi
- How to get from Phuket to Khao Lak
- How to get from Langkawi to Koh Lipe
- How to get from Phuket to Koh Lipe
- How to get from Bangkok to Koh Lipe
- How to get from Koh Lanta to Koh Lipe
- How to get from Krabi to Koh Lanta
- How to get from Phuket to Koh Lanta
- How to get from Phuket to Koh Yao Noi
- How to get from Bangkok to Krabi
Thailand Hotel Reviews and Accommodation Guides
Read our personal hotel reviews on hotels that we have stayed at, or browse through our helpful Thailand accommodation guides:
- Where to stay in Koh Lanta
- Best Family Resorts in Phuket
- Where to Stay in Phuket
- Best Hotels in Krabi
- Best Koh Lipe Hotels to Stay At
- Best Koh Yao Noi Hotels and Resorts
- Best Hotels in Khao Lak
- Avista Hideaway Resort and Spa Phuket Review
- Novotel Phuket Resort Review
- Treehouse Villas Review on Koh Yao Noi
Plan Your Trip to Thailand
Accommodation in Thailand: We always start our accommodation research with Hotelscombined. This site makes it super easy to compare accommodation across various booking engines so that you can simply pick the best price for the accommodation of your choice.
We also often book through sites such as Airbnb, especially when we travel in Europe as it allows for massive savings on accommodation. Click to grab a coupon for your first stay!
Travel Insurance: We never travel without travel insurance with World Nomads. We have claimed on our travel insurance more than once, claims that would have cost us A LOT out of our own pockets. Don’t skimp out on insurance!!
World Nomads offers incredible plans and is one of the few insurance companies that allow you to grab insurance when you are already travelling! Click to check on their plans and prices.
Find all of our Thailand Travel Blog Posts Below:
Agoda 5% Discount Code
Guys, we have managed to organise a special Agoda discount just for our readers. The code works on any bookings.
Promo Code: Holiday5
Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
Stay period: Anytime
Booking URL: You need to book through our link – Click Here
- Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
- Stay period: Anytime
- The Promotion is non-transferable, non-cumulative and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products. The promo code cannot be resold.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, discount cards, loyalty programs, vouchers, discounted items and fixed price items.
- The customers must enter the eligible promo code to enjoy the Promotion.
- The Promotion is applicable to the selected accommodations in designated destinations made through a dedicated Promotion landing page at following URL: https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?pcs=1&cid=1727772
- The Promotion is applicable to accommodation room charges only(excludes taxes, service fees, processing fees, extra charges, personal consumption and the like).
- The Promotion discount will only be displayed on the booking form of the Promotion landing page after entering the eligible promo code.
- The Promotion is subject to the terms and conditions displayed,which are subject to change at any time. In case of a dispute, Agoda’s decision is final.
- Agoda does not guarantee that the Promotion price will be the lowest price available for accommodations.
- Agoda does not guarantee uninterrupted services of the Promotion landing page.