Italy is one of our favourite countries to visit. The country is full of diverse and interesting cities and town to visit. The scenery is spectacular and the history is fascinating! It is brilliant for family travel as well. You can read all our best posts in this Italy travel blog section.
Italy Travel Basics
WiFi Availability: Free WiFi in Italy is readily available at cafes, restaurants and hotels. For those who prefer to be connected 24/7, you can easily grab a holiday SIM card before leaving the airport or train station.
Airports: There are many international airports in Italy. The busiest of which is probably Rome, Naples, Florence, Milan and Venice. To save time on your holiday, make sure you choose to fly in and out of the airport that is located closest to your holiday destinations.
Visa Required: Most tourists traveling to Italy will not need a visa (if your stay is 90 days or less), however it is important to note that Italy is part of the Schengen agreements, so if you are traveling from one of 26 states that are part of the agreement, then you can use your Schengen Visa to travel to and stay in France for up to 90 days.
International Driver’s License Accepted? Your will need to acquire an international drivers license to drive around Italy. It is a good idea to have both the International as well as your normal drivers license on you at all times as we found that they often ask for the foreign license.
Is it Safe? Italy is a safe country to visit. Petty crimes such as pickpocketing is common at busy tourist sights and attractions. It is also recommended to be aware on trains for petty crimes as well.
Popular Italy Guidebooks
Guidebooks are always a good idea and so if a phrasebook (especially important if you are visiting some of the smaller towns). Find below the most popular Italy Guidebooks that are currently on the market.
Plan Your Trip to Italy
Accommodation in Italy: We always start our accommodation research with Hotelscombined. This site makes it super easy to compare accommodation across various booking engines so that you can simply pick the best price for the accommodation of your choice.
We also often book through sites such as Airbnb, especially when we travel in Europe as it allows for massive savings on accommodation. Click to grab a coupon for your first stay!
Car Rental in Italy: The best car rental company in Europe is Auto Europe. Auto Europe is a car rental booking service that quickly compares car rental prices across all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, and Europcar. Click to see prices for car rentals.
Travel Insurance: We never travel without travel insurance with World Nomads. We have claimed on our travel insurance more than once, claims that would have cost us A LOT out of our own pockets. Don’t skimp out on insurance!!
World Nomads offers incredible plans and is one of the few insurance companies that allow you to grab insurance when you are already travelling! Click to check on their plans and prices.
Italy Travel Videos
We have loads of fun videos of our travels of Italy on our YouTube channel.
Click play and don’t forget to subscribe! (You can see more videos on our YouTube Playlist)
Italy Travel Guides & Blog Posts
We have visited many places on our Italy travels; we rented a car and enjoyed travelling from one area to the next. If you are thinking about travelling to Italy, you might find our Italy travel guide useful. Or alternatively you might like to choose an area in our travel blog Italy blog posts hub section below.
Italy Travel Blog
CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO
Agoda 5% Discount Code
Guys, we have managed to organise a special Agoda discount just for our readers. The code works on any bookings.
Promo Code: Holiday5
Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
Stay period: Anytime
Booking URL: You need to book through our link – Click Here
- Booking period: 20 May – 20 Jun 2019
- Stay period: Anytime
- The Promotion is non-transferable, non-cumulative and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products. The promo code cannot be resold.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, discount cards, loyalty programs, vouchers, discounted items and fixed price items.
- The customers must enter the eligible promo code to enjoy the Promotion.
- The Promotion is applicable to the selected accommodations in designated destinations made through a dedicated Promotion landing page at following URL: https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?pcs=1&cid=1727772
- The Promotion is applicable to accommodation room charges only(excludes taxes, service fees, processing fees, extra charges, personal consumption and the like).
- The Promotion discount will only be displayed on the booking form of the Promotion landing page after entering the eligible promo code.
- The Promotion is subject to the terms and conditions displayed,which are subject to change at any time. In case of a dispute, Agoda’s decision is final.
- Agoda does not guarantee that the Promotion price will be the lowest price available for accommodations.
- Agoda does not guarantee uninterrupted services of the Promotion landing page.